The biggest challenges I have had with running this blog have not been due lack of ideas, inspiration, or enthusiasm. Instead, the challenges have had more to do with navigating life’s curveballs, without getting stressed or depressed. Luckily, tea has been there for me, to keep my spirits up even during some really life-changing events. The past 6 months have included:
- Ending a 9 year relationship that I thought was “The One”
- Leaving the city that I love and that I have called home for the past 14 years
- Moving across the country
- Starting a new job in a completely new-to-me industry
- Contracting pneumonia and being forced to put all my career and fitness goals on hold while I recuperate (which is a huge bummer for me…I love working AND working out!)
I’ve been trying to keep up with blogging, and I actually have about 10 drafts that are ready to go, but I also have been trying to keep a certain rotation of blog topics (i.e., not posting 8 tea reviews in a row), so it would be an understatement to say I have falling behind. However, my health seems to be improving, and all the other life details seem to be finally starting to fall into place, so hopefully I will be back in the blogging swing of things soon.
With all the tea I have been drinking during my illness and recovery period, I certainly have no shortage of things to write about. One tea in particular, though, has really been my go-to tea for mental comfort, if not physical healing: Mint Tea that my friend Fonz from MotoInsider picked up for me during his travels through Morocco. Moroccan Mint Tea has such a soothing flavor and aroma that really lifted my spirits during this very long recovery. So, I can’t thank Fonz enough for his extremely thoughtful gift! Moroccan Mint Tea has gotten me through some pretty rough times, and is helping me get back into the blogging saddle again. 🙂